It’s Time for a Mad Hatter Tea Party!
Neverland Tea Salon in Kitsilano is one my favourite places for a high tea experience in Vancouver. I love their fanciful decor, selection of teas, quality of their high tea items, all at a reasonable price.
For the month of February and now extended into March, Neverland Tea Salon is offering a Mad Hatter High Tea theme. Earlier today, I had a media tasting of this new offering. Here’s a look at my experience.
Mad Hatter High Tea Menu
Aside from regular, the Mad Hatter High Tea set comes in other dietary options: vegetarian, gluten free/dairy-free and vegan (see the menu here). The price is $38 per person or $48 for a bubble high tea.
There is also a children’s version priced at $24 per child (see menu here).
I took my older son for a media tasting and we had the gluten-free/dairy free set as well as the children’s set.
Mad Hatter High Tea (Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free)
Amuse-bouche: Chilled watermelon beet soup
- Smoked paprika crab salad roll with red peppers, onions, chives and green goddess aioli
- Coronation chicken salad on focaccia with green onions, cilantro, red pepper, mango chutney and Assam tea infused apricots
- Roasted veggie croque monsieur with zucchini, kale, red peppers, and dairy-free cheese
- Plant-based burger sliders with pesto aioli, arugula, and fresh tomato
- Steel head smoked salmon pinwheel with asparagus and dairy-free lemon herbed cream cheese
- Lemon Mousse Dome on a cashew and brownie base
- Chocolate cupcake with vanilla buttercream
- Mocha ganache sponge cake on a brownie base with chocolate glaze
- Strawberry and coconut puree jelly
- Citrus scone with ‘Devonshire cream’ and house-made jam
Mad Hatter’s Children’s High Tea
- Queen of Hearts cake roll with strawberry cream
- Toadstool chocolate tart
- Stopwatch shortbread cookies royal icing
- Citrus scone with Devonshire & cream
- Cream cheese & cucumber pinwheel
- Mini pizza bagel
- Tomato cheddar on multi-grain egg salad on veggie roll
You’ll be impressed with the charming Alice in Wonderland theme decor to complement the theme featuring playing cards, toadstools, top hats and more.
I thought the high tea items were creative, elevated and went well for the Mad Hatter theme. The citrus scones were very good in particular and I thought the sandwiches were quite delicious!
I have been to many high teas where the savoury sandwiches used pretty thick bread, but I think Neverland Tea Salon has it right with a reasonable good bread to filling ratio.
The very on-trend plant-based burger was a unique item to have for High Tea.
For the children’s tea set, they had a nice variety of kid-friendly items. My son enjoyed the offerings presented.
Overall, we had a lovely time at Neverland Tea Salon and I would recommend the Mad Hatter High Tea for a fun, delicious experience.
Neverland Tea Salon
3066 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC