Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to eat, drink and be thankful. Looking for ways to celebrate Thanksgiving this year? Here is a list of restaurants and businesses in Ottawa that have special Thanksgiving Ottawa 2020 offerings this year.
Of course, any support to local businesses is appreciated in these times. Thanksgiving celebrations can take on different forms from traditional, fusion to modern. Please use this list as an inspiration for ideas on how to put together your own Thanksgiving celebration.
This list is updated as information becomes available. Please reach out to me email@example.com or @foodgressing on social media for any suggestions.
Grill 41 @ Lord Elgin Hotel
- Welcome sparkling toast and chef’s amuse bouche
- Harvest beet soup with painted crème fraise or Quick pickled heirloom carrot, pecans, aged goat cheese and fried leeks with rocket greens
- Lord Elgin’s traditional turkey dinner with the trimmings marble mashed potato and seasonal harvest vegetables or Roasted Prime Rib of beef with yorkshire pudding, red wine glaze, blue cheese compound butter, marble mashed potato and seasonal harvest vegetables
- Chef’s Thanksgiving dessert selection
Chances R Restaurant
- Chef salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Roast turkey with stuffing, honey glazed carrots, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy
- Choice of homemade pumpkin pie or coconut cream pie
Lunch & Dinner Menu only available on Thursday and Friday. There are also Thanksgiving weekend features.
Turkey To Go Ottawa
- A whole roasted free range turkey (15 -18 lbs)
- Thyme & confit garlic bread stuffing (1kg/2.2lbs)
- Gratin dauphinoise potato made with cream and emmental cheese
- Medley of maple glazed carrot, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, dried cranberries and spiced pecans
- Steamed green beans (1kg/2.2lbs)
- Cranberry Compote (500mL)
- Turkey Giblet Gravy (1L)
Occo Kitchen is offering Turkey to Go in two packages: 5 ppl ($130) or 10 ppl ($225 ppl). These include Roasted Ontario Tom Turkey; Sliced Turkey Breast And Roasted Leg; Glazed Carrots – Seasonal Vegetables; Buttermilk Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes; Savoury Stuffing – Spiced Orange & Cranberry Chutney – Turkey Drippings Gravy; and Thanksgiving Pie.
Red Apron is offering 1/2 Turkey Dinners or Turkey dinners for 2 only. If your bubble is bigger, you can order multiple dinners for 2, and multiple half turkey dinners.
One Half of a Butter & Herb Basted Local Turkey with all the Trimmings!
Includes Savoury Apple & Sage Stuffing, Mixed Seasonal
Vegetables, Mashed Sweet & White Potatoes with Pecan Crumble,
House Made Gravy & Cranberry Sauce
$139 | Feeds 6-8
Turkey Dinner for 2
Includes Savoury Apple & Sage Stuffing, Mixed
Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potatoes,
House Made Gravy & Cranberry Sauce
$39 | Feeds 2
Thanksgiving menu items are available for pre-order and pick up in their retail store on Friday October 9 (9am – 5pm) and Saturday October 10 (9am – 4pm).
- Stuffed Turkey Breast
- Artisan Bread Herb Stuffing
- Dominion City Beer Gravy
- Upper Canada Cranberry Compote
- Classic Potato Gratin
- Heirloom Carrots, Green Beans and Brussels Sprouts
- Lemon Parsley Pesto
- Overbrook Honey Spiced Pumpkin Pie
Deadline for orders is Monday October 6th. Curbside Pick-up 9:30 am to 4 pm on Saturday October 10th.
- Ontario Glazed Ham (4-5 kg), along with Maple Mustard Glaze and Honey Mustard Sauce, both made in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
- Brined and Fully Cooked Turkey from Hayter’s Family Farm (Dashwood, Ontario) – 4-5 kg, along with Farm Boy Turkey Gravy and Farm Boy Cranberry Ginger Sauce, both made in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
- Choice of 4 sides: Autumn Smash (butternut squash, carrots, and parsnips); Chive Mashed Potatoes; Cranberry Apple Sausage Stuffing; Roasted Beets; Roasted Brussels Sprouts; Roasted Carrots; Roasted Tri-Colour Potatoes; or Sweet Potato Mash.
This package includes Roast Turkey Breast with Cranberry Sauce as your main along with the following sides; Maple-Crumble Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Traditional Bread Stuffing, Low-Carb Cauliflower Sauté, Parmesan-Parsley Peas & Corn, Rosemary Focaccia and Gravy. For Dessert you’ll enjoy a Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie.