On Wednesday, March 9, Rocky Mountain Flatbread in Kitsilano is hosting The Magic of Mushrooms. This is the first in a series of monthly Eat, Grow, Love Local themed Long Table Events that will include a demonstration of how to grow and cook with the seasons and a four-course menu with tastings from a local craft brewery, BC winery or distillery. 100% of the proceeds from these events will go to EarthBites, a Vancouver-based school gardening program where we teach students to grow their own food and create nutritional snacks.
What’s on the Menu?
- Cooking Demo: How to make your own delicious local BC Mushroom Ragout with Chef Oliver
- All about Mushrooms: Learn about the many health benefits of eating mushrooms with Brendan Young, Holistic Registered Nutritionist.
- A four course sampling our new seasonal menu items:
Roasted Beet & Fennel Salad
Roasted Beets l Shaved Fennel l Arugula l Orange & Ginger Vinagrette
Wild Mushroom Bruschetta
Wild Mushroom Artisan Pizza
Garlic Oil Base l Spinach l Mixed Local Mushroom Ragout l Goat Cheese l Fresh Herbs
Rotini & Creamy Mushroom Ragout
Organic Rotini l Local Mushrooms – Portabello . Oyster . Crimini . Enoki . Mixed BC Wild Mushrooms l Shaved Parmesan l Parsley
Platter of House Made Desserts
- Tastings of seasonal BC Craft Beers including Perspephone, Hoyne, Phillips & Steamworks
- Mingle with our local mushroom farmer suppliers: Misty Mountain Specialists (Richmond, BC) and All Seasons Mushrooms (Langley, BC)
- Enjoy the ambience of our newly renovated Kitsilano restaurant featuring the innovative Living Green Wall from By Nature Design
Pricing for the event is $20/person and to book a reservation for the event, call Rocky Mountain Flatbread at 604 730 0321.
Disclaimer: I was provided complimentary tickets to the event.