In today’s #ThrowbackThursday post, I’m sharing my experience of having Christmas Brunch at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier in North Vancouver (circa 2016). While we enjoy going for a brunch buffet on Christmas, we also didn’t want to spend “too” much. At $55 per person, the price was quite reasonable compared to other higher end Vancouver hotels where it would be closer to $100 per person.
Note: None of the food and drinks in this review were complimentary. This review is done anonymously.
The way to reserve your seat for the Christmas brunch was to buy tickets ahead of time online. The brunch did end up selling out so going in on the day of would not have worked.
The brunch took place at the Pinnacle Ballroom inside the hotel. I was impressed with the beautiful and elegant Christmas decorations. The main focal point of the room was a tall, nicely decorated Christmas tree.
The seating was arranged in a banquet style and you get your own private table based on how many tickets you bought. The round, banquet tables were fitted with red tablecloths and the chairs had chair covers.
Various stations were set up just outside the ballroom and the selection of food was very good.
- fresh baked danishes, croissants, banana breads and rolls
- mixed gourmet greens with assorted dressings
- classic caesar salad with homemade croutons
- spinach frisee and wild mushroom with truffle vinaigrette
- Asian noodle salad, chow mein, Julienne peppers, baby spinach
- house smoked salmon platter with tiger prawns and fresh horseradish cocktail sauce
- assorted nigiri, maki, and sashimi sushi
- Chef’s omelet action station including spinach, wild mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, ham, baby shrimp, aged cheddar and goat feta
- farm fresh omega 3 scrambled eggs
- roasted fingerling potato lyonnaise
- blueberry pancakes with chantilly cream
- double smoked bacon and British banger sausages
- chef carved 24 hour slow cooked AAA Alberta prime rib with red wine demi-glace
- roast turkey with Chef’s signature gravy and orange cranberry sauce
- roasted and steamed winter vegetable
- leek and emental scallop potatoes
- Pepsi glazed festive ham with sauteed onion rice pilaf
- pan seared Alaskan black cod with citrus buerre black
- Belgian chocolate fondue with fresh fruit and coffee cakes
- plum pudding with vanilla rum sauce, dark and white chocolate yule logs, egg nog cheese
- cake, gingerbread men, assorted French pastries, petit fours, chocolate decadence cake
- chocolate orange mousse, winterberry mousse, fruit and almond flan, fresh baked Okanagan apple pie and pecan pie
- house-made pepperoni and cheese pizzas
- panko breaded tender chicken and French Fries with ketchup and plum sauce
- chocolate mousse Jello and candy station
In general, I thought that the Christmas brunch at the Pinnacle Hotel North Vancouver was excellent. The food quality and variety was above average although the food was not super fancy as reflected in the pricing. I enjoyed the warm and inviting atmosphere and thought the service was excellent. Staff were very professional, well-organized and friendly. I would be interested in attending a holiday brunch at the Pinnacle Hotel in the future and would recommend them to others. Rating: 5/5
Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier
Address: 138 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver, BC