One of the highlights of attending this year’s Vancouver International Wine Festival was the Decanter World Wine Awards Wine Seminar. Attendees had the opportunity to taste top medal-winning wines from the Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) and discover how to recognize quality wines with DWWA judge Barbara Philip MW.
Disclosure: I attended the seminar as media.
DWWA is the world’s largest and most prestigious wine competition judged by top wine experts from around the world. It is respected internationally as an unrivalled source of wine recommendation. Barbara is Canada’s only female Master of Wine, the European category manager for BC Liquor Stores, and wine columnist on CBC Radio One’s On The Coast.
- Quails’ Gate Winery Stewart Family Reserve Chardonnay 2013, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia
- Rocca delle Macìe Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Sergio Zingarelli DOCG 2013, Tuscany, Italy
- Stoneleigh Wild Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2016, Rapaura, New Zealand
- Adega de Borba Senses Petit Verdot 2014, Alentejo, Portugal
- Álvaro Palacios Les Terraces 2015, Priorat, Spain
- Palacios Remondo La Montesa 2014, Rioja, Spain
- CedarCreek Estate Winery Platinum Block 4 Pinot Noir 2014, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia
- Undurraga T.H. (Terroir Hunter) Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, Maipo Valley, Chile