Looking for a ideas on how to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart? Here is a list of restaurants that are offering special Valentine’s Day meals, features or takeout this year; things to do or see; and gift ideas for Valentine’s Day Calgary 2021.
If you have any more suggestions or are a business that wants to be featured for Valentine’s Day Calgary 2021, contact me at [email protected] or on social media @foodgressing.
Restaurants Offering Valentine’s Day Menus
Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre
Barrington’s Restaurant at the Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza is offering a delicious 3 course Valentines Day dinner for dine-in or takeout.
Take-out orders must be placed by 5pm on Thursday, February 11th.
Pick up hours: February 13th -14th, 4pm – 7pm.
Make your reservation for dinner and stay the night at the hotel in a Premier King Room for $79.
Elite Brewing and Cidery
- Elderflower Champagne Cider
- AAA New York Striploin
- Roasted Vegetables
- Mash Potatoes
- Chocolate Truffle
The Cookbook Co. Cooks
Streetside Grill and Cafe
Streetside Grill and Cafe is offering Valentine’s weekend dine-in and takeout. Available February 12 – 13 from 11 am – 2 pm and 4 pm – 9 pm.
Gyu-kaku Japanese BBQ Calgary
They also have a take-home dinner ($164) for pickup on February 14 between 2 pm – 6 pm.
Valentine’s Day Weekend Takeout dinner packages for 2 available in Classic ($99.95) or Premium ($149.95). Preorder by Friday, February 12, 2021 11:59PM for Saturday pick-up or by Saturday, February 13, 2021 11:59PM for Sunday pick-up. Pickup times every half hour between 4 pm and 8 pm.
Blue Flame Kitchen has partnered with the Lily String Quartet, Purdys Chocolatier, and Willow Park Wine & Spirits to bring you an evening you will never forget.
Their chefs have taken inspiration from the most romantic regions of France, Italy and Austria for each of the three courses in this meal for two.
In addition, Willow Park Wines & Spirits has paired wine to compliment your meal, and the Lily String Quartet will perform music from each region.
Lastly, enjoy a chocolate tasting from Purdys Chocolatier. Throughout the event, their chefs and partners will be your guides as you experience Europe through food, music, wine, and chocolate.
February 14, 2021
6:00pm – 8:00pm
$175 per couple
Purchase tickets by: February 7, 2021
Pickup dinner packages at ATCO Park on February 13, between 9am and 6pm.
- Seafood Crudo (scallop, stripe prawn, salmon, aalbacore tuna, ikura, cucumber) DF, NF
- Melon Salad (serrano, burrata, cherry blossom balsamic glaze, baby kale) NF, GF
- Duck Galbi (foie gras, carrot puree, miso butter crust, rhubarb gochujang jam) NF
- 6oz Beef Tenderloin & Butter Poached Lobster (potato pomme puree, seasonal vegetables, demi glace) GF, NF
- Petit Four (macaron, cream puff, white chocolate dipped strawberry, pistachio raspberry cake)
They also have a Valentine’s Day takeout 5-course menu ($145):
- Orchard’s signature cheese-stuffed garlic bread
- Seafood crudo, scallop, side stripe prawn, salmon, albacore tuna, ikura, cucumber (df, nf)
- Melon salad, serrano, burrata, cherry blossom balsamic glaze, baby kale (nf, gf)
- Duck galbi, foie gras, carrot puree, miso butter crust, rhubarb gochujang jam (nf)
- 6oz beef tenderloin, butter poached lobster, pomme puree, seasonal vegetables, demi glace (gf, nf)
- petit four, macaron, cream puff, white chocolate dipped strawberry, pistachio
- raspberry cake
Cauliflower & Truffle Velvet Soup
Poached Steelhead Trout, Lobster & Saffron Risotto
Foie Gras Cream | Pomme Purée | Bouquetière of Vegetables
Caramelized White Chocolate
Short Bread | Pistachio Praline
- 45 pieces of sushi 🍣🥢
- Add on a bottle of sake to the platter for a reduced price!
- Kinjo sake – $17 (reg $19.50)
- Strawberry nigori sake – $16 (reg $18)
- Chocolate nigori sake – $16 (reg $18)
- And don’t forget some beautiful flowers 💮 $16
Available to order through online takeout https://kinjoexpress.com/
Limited quantities available! Pre-order from now until Feb. 13th at 12:00pm.
1. Assorted tempura OR deep fried oyster with salad
2. Bluefin tuna with buttermilk & pepper oil OR hamachi with tomato water
3. Scallops OR real crabmeat tartar
4. Shijo signature sushi (16 pieces)
5. Miso black cod OR BBQ squid 🦑
6. Miso soup with mushroom
7. Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse (GF) with macaroni
Big Fish & Open Range
Black Swan Pub
Garden of Itay
Garden of Italy is open on Valentine’s Day from 12 pm – 10 pm.
Cravings Market Restaurant
La Casa Latina Restaurant
La Casa Latina Restaurant is open on Valentine’s Day from 3 pm – 8 pm.
Escoba Bistro and Wine Bar
Escoba Bistro and Wine Bar has a Valentine’s Day menu priced at $58 per person. Available February 13 & 14 for pickup.
Valentine’s Day Calgary 2021 Things to do
The 10th Annual YYC Hot Chocolate Fest is happening February 1 – 28, 2021 featuring local cafes, restaurants and chocolatiers. All proceeds from each Hot Chocolate sold supports Calgary Meals on Wheels.
The market will have unique items from local businesses.
- Where: The Inn on Officers’ Garden, 150 Dieppe Dr SW.
- Date: February 6, 2021 from 10 am – 3 pm
- $39 Show Only (Includes – Rose & Chocolates)
- $69 Dinner & SHow (Includes – Buffet, Rose & Chocolates)
- $179 for 2 persons with hotel & Comedy package ONLY
- $239 for 2 persons with hotel & Comedy DINNER package
Date: February 12, February 13, or February 14, 2021
Location: ENMAX Conservatory, Calgary Zoo
Seating Area: Choose from 3 seating areas within the ENMAX Conservatory: the Garden of Life, Garden Gallery, or Atrium.
Time: This evening runs for 3.5 hours (first timed ticket entry is at 5:00 p.m., last timed ticket entry is at 7:00 p.m.)
Event: Attendees will enjoy a delicious four-course plated dinner while the Calgary Zoo team will be roaming the venue and bringing the talks to your area throughout your dining experience.
Table service for drinks will also be available all evening so all you need to do is sit down at your table and enjoy the amazing night we have in store for you.
Each table is set up for 2 people and will be a minimum of 2 meters apart due to AHS COVID-19 guidelines. In accordance with the Calgary City by-law, guests will be required to wear masks indoors except when seated at their table.
Ticket Price: All attendees must be 18 years or older.
- Garden of Life or Garden Gallery seating – $120.00 plus GST/person
- Atrium seating – $110.00 plus GST/per person
* Ticket includes: Admission to Calgary Zoo starting at 4:30 p.m., three-course plated dinner, ZOOLIGHTS admission before and/or after dinner
** Engage and Inspire Members receive 10% off discount. Members please see the additional booking information below.
Parking: $12.00. Engage and Inspire members receive free parking.
At Home Celebration Ideas for Valentine’s Day Calgary 2021
Here are some ideas on how to spend Valentine’s Day at Home this year.
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Inspired Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Wines [Canada]
- Take a virtual cooking class together
Enjoy a Movie Date Night at Home
Check out this guide on how to have a romantic movie night at home. With these as your jumping-off point, you’re well on your way to planning the perfect date night in.
Valentine’s Day Table Decor Ideas
Check out my guide on 5 DIY Valentine’s Day table decor ideas that will add that special romantic touch to your evening at home.
Valentine’s Day Calgary 2021 Flowers
Here are some Calgary-based florists suggestions:
- Blooms on 9th
- First Class Flowers
- Avenida Incredible Florist
- Creative Edge Flowers
- Kensington Florist | Calgary Flower Delivery
- Canada Flowers
- Best of Buds
- Crowfoot Panda Flowers Calgary Florist
- Petals ‘N Blooms
- Calgary’s Own Flower Co.
- White’s Flowers
- Bloomex Flowers
- Deer Valley Florist
- Oasis Flower Shop
- The Tree House Flower Shoppe
- Mandala Floral Inc.
- Northwest Florist
- Bonavista Flowers
- Splurge Flowers & Gifts
- Funky Petals Seton
Cheap Valentine’s Day Ideas that are Super Fun
Valentine’s Day doesn’t need to be expensive in order to impress. In this roundup, I’ll give you some cheap Valentine’s Day ideas that are affordable (including some FREE options) and which are social-distancing friendly.
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
If your significant other doesn’t need flowers, poetry, or fancy words, this guide on practical Valentine’s Day gifts for her and for him is right up your alley.
Family Valentine’s Day Ideas
There are plenty of fun activities that you can do with little ones that are sure to make them feel the love on this special holiday.
Check out my post on family Valentine’s Day ideas to make the day exciting for both you and the kids.
Valentine’s Day Quotes
If you struggle to find the right words to say on Valentine’s Day, check out my list of 120+ Valentine’s Day Quotes.
You’ll find Valentine’s Day quotes for him, for friends, for singles, for boyfriend, for girlfriend and more.