Check out these Thanksgiving quotes and messages to demonstrate your gratitude for your loved ones this holiday season.
Thanksgiving Quotes About Family
Thanksgiving is as much about loved ones as it is about food.
Every year, families travel from near and far to spend just one special meal together.
It is not always easy to express the love you have for each family member, but with the help of these quotes, your loved ones will feel your gratitude and appreciation this season.
- When you take away the cooking, hosting, and decorations, all that’s left is family. Unplugged, with nowhere to be, sitting around the table and enjoying one another’s company.
- It doesn’t matter how nice your home is or how much food is on the table; what matters is the love and togetherness that is shared by your family.
- Always on Thanksgiving Day, the heart will discover the pathway home.
- Never stop loving your family members. Although it might be challenging, stop and thank the ones you love.
Thanksgiving Quotes for Friends
Friends are the family we choose.
Why else has “Friendsgiving” become such a widely celebrated secondary holiday?
If you’re looking for a sentimental moment of gratitude or an Instagram caption to document your celebrations, you’re in the right spot.
A friend is a person who knows you to your core, recognizes what you’ve been through, accepts what you have become, and continues to let you grow.
New friends wait at the door, best friends let themselves in and start eating.
Tell people just how much they mean to you. Not because they might not be around one day but because they deserve it.
Gratitude shows us what we have in abundance. It allows us to see clarity in misunderstanding, forgiveness in conflict, a friend in a stranger.
There is nothing in life more special than a true friend.
Funny Thanksgiving Quotes
Thanksgiving doesn’t always have to be serious and sentimental.
With these amusing quotes, you are bound to have the whole family laughing.
Use them in a humorous card or have the family reminiscing of your hilarious toast for Thanksgivings to come.
- Why are there football games on Thanksgiving you might ask? To avoid conversing with relatives.
- Thanksgiving: A national holiday celebrating family dysfunction and gluttony.
- Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for relatives who can cook.
- The true spirit of Thanksgiving is being grateful –a day to appreciate elastic bands, stretchy pants, and bulky sweaters so that we can overeat in comfort.
Inspirational Thanksgiving Quotes
It’s easy to get swept up in daily life without stopping to smell the roses every once in a while.
However, thankfulness is a quality that sparks joy in yourself and those around you.
Use these quotes to remind you to continue to show appreciation long after the turkey has been gobbled up and your relatives have hit the road.
- Displaying gratefulness is one of the humblest yet most powerful things people can do for one another.
- Thanksgiving is not just an American holiday, but a tradition handed down from the dawn of time in which all ages and all faiths universally grasp the importance of gratitude.
- Gratitude is the inner reaction of kindness received. Thankfulness is the desire to show that emotion. Thanksgiving is the result of that desire.
- Thankfulness is when memory is kept in the heart and not the mind.
Religious Quotes for Thanksgiving
Who better to express your thankfulness to than the big man upstairs?
Scripture teaches us the importance of giving thanks throughout the Bible and these quotes are perfect to motivate you to live a more thankful life or share them with someone special.
- There is no prayer more important than one voiced in humility and gratitude.
- Sometimes it may be tough, but we should always give thanks to the Lord and his mercy – which we do not deserve.
- Let your gratitude transform your heart and your faith transform your mind.
- If God promises to fulfill our needs, then we mustn’t worry about what we don’t have but give thanks for his blessings.
- God calls us to give thanks in all things, but He did not say for all things. He calls us to be grateful despite the difficulties and trust in our faith that He has a plan, and He never gives us more than we can handle.
Short Thanksgiving Quotes
These quotes are perfect for whatever crafts you have in mind this Thanksgiving.
They are short, sweet, and to the point; the perfect length to fill a greeting card, write a thank you note, create a place setting, or make a personalized gift for a loved one.
Whatever your purpose, these short quotes are sure to inspire you.
- The best part about Thanksgiving is that the only requisite to celebrate is a hungry belly.
- The more gratitude you show, the more there is to be grateful for.
- Live with intention and express gratitude for all things.
- The best way to show our utmost appreciation is not through words, but with our actions and how we choose to live each day.
- Thanksgiving is an opportunity to engulf the world in love and gratitude.
- A great meal nourishes not just your body, but also your soul.
Thanksgiving Motivational Quotes
The beauty of the holidays is that they make you reflect on yourself, your goals, and who you want to become.
Each of these wise messages offers insight as to how to take the spirit of Thanksgiving and apply it to your everyday life to bring more happiness and joy.
- If you can seek out the positive in life, you’ll uncover abundance.
- Showing appreciation is a simple task that only requires your readiness to put it into word to change a persons’ day or maybe even their life.
- There is no greater thought than appreciation, to which gratitude becomes happiness.
- Most people evade vulnerability, never fully letting their guard down and therefore never realizing that when that shield is lowered, true joy can be experienced.
Often quotes are simple yet crucial reminders of truths we already know.
Let these quotes allow you to reflect on your own life and how you can show thankfulness.
Gratitude is a powerful and transformative emotion that can change your outlook on life.
- Thankfulness is the ability to treasure the life you live. It frees us from the cage that is our ego.
- To voice gratitude is thoughtful and polite, to show gratitude is caring and good, but to live gratitude is to experience the pinnacle of human emotion.
- Be steadfast in your commitment to showing others your gratitude. It is a power, a remedy, and a spiritual and emotional sustenance.
- The grateful heart teaches our eyes to see the wealth of blessings that surround us.
- Gratefulness is the habit of celebrating the greatness within you.
Business Thanksgiving Quotes
The Thanksgiving spirit is not reserved for only friends and family.
Take time to step back and appreciate your own growth in your work, the success of your company, and the colleagues who bring joy to your workday.
So often we are weighed down by our own drive and ambition that we fail to let ourselves appreciate the journey.
- Not a single person with success did so entirely alone, but only the wisest businessmen choose to show their humble appreciation.
- If you only focus on what you don’t have, you will never have enough. You will never satiate that hunger without first being thankful.
- Recognizing the greatness that you already have in your life is the groundwork for all success.
- Appreciate your blessings and do not fixate on the misfortunes of your past troubles, for all great men made mistakes.
Who better to show thankfulness to than teachers?
Almost everyone can point to a teacher that instilled in them confidence, showed them love, believed in them, and maybe even impacted the trajectory of their lives.
Make sure to send a card, a thoughtful email, or an heartfelt sentiment to your favorite teacher.
- There will never be the words to describe the gratitude I have for my teachers that saw me for who I am, who I could become, and sacrificed so that I can be.
- To my teacher –I pray this thanksgiving you are wrapped in warm family welcomes, you get the last slice of pie and the best seat at the table because you deserve it.
- My thanksgiving prayer is that my teacher knows how many students, old and new, are offering their gratitude to her at dinner tables near and far this holiday season.
- Education is the key to greater opportunities and your teacher holds the key.
Romantic Thanksgiving Quotes
Thanksgiving might not be known as the most romantic holiday, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be.
We are used to chocolates and romance on Valentine’s Day but is there anything more romantic than appreciating the beauty in your relationships?
- Sometimes the light inside of us is so dim, it takes another person to ignite it again. We must always look back with deep admiration to those who ignited the light within us.
- Gratitude shows us the beauty in our relationships while appreciation lets the brilliance in others belong to us as well.
- The greatest things in life aren’t those that we buy at a store. They cannot be held or seen but felt in the heart.
- Love unreservedly, be spontaneous, and give thanks– then you will uncover the prosperity in your life.
Thanksgiving Quotes for Him
Oftentimes, men are relied upon to be the romancers and there is nothing wrong with that!
While the man in your life may not want romantic poems or flowers, a thoughtful and honest sentiment will go a long way.
Within these quotes, we hope you find the inspiration you need to create a message for him from the heart.
- Thank you for showing me selflessness, gentleness, and endless support. You have taught me to love, and therefore gifted me an unshakeable pride in who I am.
- Words cannot express how grateful I am to be so passionately and completely loved by you.
- You set my soul on fire, awake my spirit, light my flame. You are every cliché, every poem, and every love song ever written. I do not deserve a love like this, but each day I send a prayer of gratitude that you are mine.
Thanksgiving Quotes for Her
Whether you are new love birds or partners of many decades, let these messages of love help you find your own words to express to your girlfriend or wife a genuine sentiment of gratitude.
- Thanksgiving Day lacked any importance to me. That is, until you came into my life and changed it for the better. I have someone to be grateful for and that is the greatest gift of all.
- I am thankful for every broken heart, every disappointment, and every trial that I’ve been through. And I’d do it all again if it meant my story would end with you.
- How can I discern what it is about you I’m most grateful for? Your love has bulldozed past every barrier, accepted every fault and weakness, and pushed me to grow into a person I never knew I could be.
- Your selflessness and strength form the foundation of this family, your compassion and honesty make you my best friend, but your heart and the way your love fulfills me is what I am most grateful for.
You might also like:
Here is a Thanksgiving Food List to help you prepare or get inspired for your Thanksgiving celebration. You’ll find ideas for Mains, Stuffing, Vegetables, Salads, Desserts and more.
Here are some tips on holiday entertaining including charcuterie board tips, how to cook the perfect turkey like a Chef, and virtual holiday party ideas.
Check out my post on Thanksgiving in Canada which discusses the history of the holiday, the meaning, how it differs from American Thanksgiving, how Canadians typically celebrate and more.