Between February 1 and 28, Canadians will be able to purchase delicious sustainable seafood chowders at restaurants, retailers and venues across Canada with part-proceeds supporting Ocean Wise’s not-for-profit sustainable seafood program.
Participating Chefs, Restaurants and Chowders
- 1931 Gallery Bistro, Chef Gleb Podshibyakin (Vancouver, BC) – “Bistro Chowder”
- Big Feast Bistro, Chef Mike Mulcahy (Maple Ridge, BC) – “Ocean Wise Seafood Chowder”
- Edge Catering, Chef Jasmin Porcic (Vancouver, BC) – “BC Carpet Shell Clam Chowder with Maple Smoked Turkey Bacon”
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Chef Isabel Chung (Whistler, BC) – “Chateau Whistler Signature Seafood Chowder”
- Fanny Bay Oyster Bar, Chef Tommy Shorthouse (Vancouver, BC) – “Manila Clam and Sweet Corn Chowder”
- Fukasaku, Chef Dai Fukasaku (Prince Rupert, BC) – “West Coast Ramen”
- Hart House Restaurant, Chef Mike Genest (Burnaby, BC) – “Smoked Tomato Seafood Chowder”
- Holts Cafe Vancouver, Chef Aaron Hoffman (Vancouver, BC) – “Gulf Island Chowder”
- Little Mexico Cantina, Chef Chris Andraza (Richmond, BC) – “Sopa De Donadores”
- Locals Restaurant, Chef Jon Frazier and Chef Ronald St-Pierre (Courtenay, BC) – “Fish Market Chowder”
- Naramata Inn, Chef Ned Bell (Naramata, BC) – “D Dutchmen Cream & Candied Char Chowder”
- Organic Ocean x Ocean Mama, Chef Poyan Danesh (Vancouver, BC) – “Organic Ocean’s Sensual Smoked Sablefish Chowder”
- Pajo’s Fish & Chips, Chef Tia Litz (Steveston Wharf, Garry Point Park, Rocky Point Park, BC)- “Pajo’s Signature Seafood Chowder”
- Showcase Restaurant at Marriott Vancouver Downtown, Chef Jesse Hochhausen (Vancouver, BC) – “Yellow Thai Curry Prawn Chowder, Crispy Shallots, Chili Oil and Cilantro”
- Shuck Shuck, Chef Shannon Boyle (Vancouver, BC) – “Give Two Shucks Chowder”
- Spinnakers Brewpub, Chef Ali Ryan (Victoria, BC) – “Spinnakers Seafood Chowder”
- Stanley Park Brewing Restaurant & Brewpub, Chef Nathan Taylor (Vancouver, BC) – “You’ve Been Schooled”
- The Vancouver Fish Company, Chef Markus Rule (Vancouver, BC) – “Taste of Anacortes”
- AquaTerra, Chef Brent McAllister (Kingston, Ontario) – “Ocean Wise Chowder”
- Bistro 67, Chef Raul Sojo (Whitby, Ontario) – “Bistro ’67 Green Curry-Coconut Rock Crab Chowder”
- Bruce Wine Bar & Bodega, Chef Shaun Edmonstone (Thornbury, Ontario) – “New England Corn and Smoked White Fish Chowder”
- Dressed by an Olive, Merja Avena (Windsor, Ontario) – “Go Fish!”
- Holt’s Cafe Bloor, Chef Sarah Seo (Toronto, Ontario) – “Crown Chowder”
- Holts Cafe Yorkdale, Chef Adam Alguire (North York, Ontario) – “Clam and Smoked Whitefish Chowder”
- Redstone Winery, Chef David Snider (Beamsville, Ontario) – “Redstone Seafood Chowder”
- The Wooden Boat Food Company, Chef Thompson Tran (Kitchener, Ontario) – “Fire-Roasted Scallop & Tilapia Hue-Style Chowder”
- Flying Apron Inn and Cookery, Chef Chris Velden (Summerville, Nova Scotia) – Smoked Nova Scotia Seafood
Overfishing is one of the greatest threats to our world’s oceans with grave impacts on the food web and the livelihoods of millions of people worldwide.
But by simply changing the seafoods we eat, we can stop overfishing and help the oceans recover.
Since 2005, the Ocean Wise symbol next to a seafood item at a restaurant or grocery store has been assurance for Canadians that it is an ocean-friendly choice.
And now, all you have to do to support this important conservation program is to slurp delicious chowders this February! You'll also be supporting local restaurants while you do it.
Chowders will be available for dine-in, delivery or take out across Canada!