Whistler’s Celebration of Food + Drink, Cornucopia presented by BlueShore Financial, returns November 7 – 17, 2019 with signature events that caters to everyone from amateur enthusiasts to aficionados over the 11-day fall festival. The annual event attracts over 7,700 visitors to the Whistler.
Cornucopia was designed to showcase and support local restaurants, restaurateurs and the food and wine industry.
Respected industry professionals, judges and presenters headline each event, seminar and tasting, offering the best possible opportunity to garner as much information and insight as possible.
New Events at Whistler Cornucopia 2019
- Sashay Fillet! Whistler – The worlds of culinary and drag shall collide for the first time ever at Cornucopia with the arrival of Sashay, Fillet on Thursday, November 14! This dynamic new event is sure to add a level of vibrancy to the Signature Tastings roster.
- ABSTRACT: Warhol Factory Party – Experience an unforgettable evening of art, entertainment, food and drink at Cornucopia’s newest signature party, hosted by the Audain Art Museum. For its second edition and for one night only, the Museum will be transformed into an ephemeral space inspired by the iconic Warhol Factory.
- SPO7EZ Table at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre – Take a seat in the stunning Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre for an Indigenous inspired multi-course luncheon hosted by Squamish Nation and Lil’wat Nation Ambassadors. The ambassadors will share their cultural knowledge and stories that inspired the menu – from the courses’ traditional names, to harvesting, preparation and the final presentation.
- Culinary Stage Series: Lost Feast – An Extinction Luncheon – During this narrated meal food expert Lenore Newman discusses the environmental threats to the ecological systems and cultural treasures that underpin cuisine. Could the foods we know and love vanish forever? With each course Lenore discusses how local, seasonal foods were carefully developed over centuries. Though many once-common foods are now gone forever, Lenore will also discuss the dedicated chefs and farmers working to preserve our culinary wealth as well as the fight to preserve heirloom fruit and vegetable varieties, the critical importance of Earth’s pollinators, and endangered foods of our region.
Whistler Cornucopia 2019 Signature Tasting events:
- House Party: Best of BC
- Cellar Door Grand Tasting
- Crush Grand Tasting
- With a Twist Silent Disco
- Night Market: Taste of the World
- Poured Grand Tasting
- Bearfoot Bistro World Oyster Invitational & Bloody Caesar Battle
For detailed schedule information and to purchase tickets visit www.whistlercornucopia.com.
For more Whistler Travel Tips, check out my posts below: