Earlier this month, Jugo Juice announced a brand new Energy menu category featuring coffee and tea-based smoothies. As many caffeine-based beverages can be full of added sugar and artificial flavours, Jugo Juice felt the need to create a category that gives Canadians the added boost they need, with as many as 3 to 4 servings of fruits and vegetables, no added sugar, and nothing artificial. I attended a media preview where attendees were able to sample these new menu items.
Disclosure: All drinks were complimentary. Opinions are my own.
Cold Brew Coffee Menu Items
Cold brew is a great alternative to coffee or other caffeine products due to its lower acidity. It is loaded with antioxidants, phytochemicals and chlorogenic acids to help support healthy blood sugar levels. Each Jugo Juice coffee-based smoothie contains up to three servings of fruits and vegetables, no added sugar, and no artificial colours or ingredients:
- Jugo Java: Cold brew coffee, bananas, dates, unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk
- Berry Buzz: Cold brew coffee, blueberries, raspberries, no added sugar frozen yogurt, apple juice
- Outer Spice: Cold brew coffee, cinnamon, ginger, banana, dates, unsweetened chocolate almond milk
Matcha Green Tea Menu Items
It is obvious the matcha craze is here to stay! In addition to boosting energy, memory and overall concentration, matcha is rich in antioxidants and is loaded with catechin and EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate). Matcha helps detoxify the body and has been known to protect your liver and heart. Each matcha tea-based smoothie contains up to four servings of fruits and vegetables, no added sugar, and no artificial colours or ingredients:
- Matcha Peachu: Matcha, dragonfruit, peach, mint, apple juice, cranberry juice
- Never Too Matcha: Matcha, pineapple, apple, lemon, spinach, apple juice, orange juice
- Meet Your Matcha: Matcha, blueberries, bananas, unsweetened almond milk
- Mega Matcha (under the Protein Category): Matcha, vanilla whey protein, pineapple, and unsweetened almond milk
New Veggie Smoothie
The drinks that appealed to me the most were the Jugo Java, Outer Spice, Meet Your Matcha and Mega Matcha. For more information, visit jugojuice.com.