Last night, H2 Rotisserie & Bar at The Westin Bayshore Hotel introduced an Oktoberfest celebration unlike any other in Vancouver. The restaurant became the scene of a lavish German volksfest — traditional, yet elevated! I attended the event as media. Here’s a recap of this entertaining and delicious evening.
H2’s special Oktoberfest menu (served at buffet-style chef action stations) included:
- Currywurst: bratwurst served with curry ketchup on a freshly-baked bun
- Sauerkraut with bacon and green onion
- Rotisserie chicken with grilled vegetables and gravy
- Rotkohl: sautéed red cabbage with apple-cider vinegar, brown sugar and salt
- Wienerschnitzel: thin, breaded and pan-fried pork cutlet
- Rouladen: slices of beef filled with mustard, onions, garlic and pickles, folded then braised
- Homestyle thick-cut fries
- Beer Rolls
- Kartoffelsalat: potato salad with horseradish
- Spätzle: noodles with cheese sauce
- Pretzels: fresh, warm, and served with grainy mustard
- Steckerlfisch: whole grilled mackerel with herb marinade
- Apfelstreuselwith traditional crumble and fresh, seasonal apples
- Berliner: beignet donut with filling
- Lebkuchenhertzen: house-made gingerbread hearts
Attendees also enjoyed craft beer courtesy of Red Truck Brewing Company, party-appropriate song and dance from Siegel Entertainment’s The Alpiners Oompapa Band, group games, and more.
To find out about other events happening at H2, visit h2restaurant.com.