Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to eat, drink and be thankful. Looking for ways to celebrate Thanksgiving in Detroit 2021? This post covers Thanksgiving dinner in Detroit, restaurants open for Thanksgiving in Detroit as well as turkey to go and takeout options.
Thanksgiving in America this year is Thursday, November 25, 2021.
This list is updated as information becomes available. Please reach out to me [email protected] or @foodgressing on social media for any suggestions.
This list is not exhaustive. If your favorite restaurant is not on the list, contact them to see what they are offering.
Thanksgiving in Detroit 2021
The Whitney is offering a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner on November 25.
The Bountiful Cornucopia combines pink gin, all spice, and cranberry liqueur to be the perfect complement to your feast! Offered as a 375mL bottle ($35 for 4 cocktails).
Flowers of Vietnam
- Turkey – Brined and Tied, Pho spice rub included
- Papaya Salad
- Cornbread Stuffing
- Homemade Cranberry Kumquat Relish
- Turkey Gravy
- Long Bean Casserole
- Honey-Glazed Carrots
- Candied Japanese Purple Sweet Potatoes
- Buttermilk Biscuits & Palm Sugar Butter
- Marou Chocolate and Chestnut Pie
Oak & Reel
- Slow Roasted Turkey Breast
- Turkey Leg “Porchetta” (Roulade of Turkey Thigh)
- Oyster Stuffing (Available with or without oysters)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cippolini Onions with Pancetta
- Mashed Potatoes
- Turkey Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
- Dinner Rolls
Half Turkey – Feeds 4-5 People | $160.00
Whole Turkey – Feeds 8-10 People | $320
Desserts & wine available to add on.
Dessert | 8″ | $28
– Pumpkin Basque Cheesecake
– Chocolate Tarte
Mabel Gray in Hazel Park is offering a Vegan Tasting Menu on November 23, 24 and 26, 27. The tasting menu is $65 per person. An optional $45/person beverage pairing will be available as well.
Mitchell’s Fish Market
Mitchell’s Fish Market is offering a Thanksgiving Dinner to Go ($149, serves 4 – 6 people). Preorder by November 21 and pickup on Thursday, November 25 from 9 am – 11 am.
The menu includes: Sliced Roasted Turkey Breast, Whipped Potatoes, Turkey Gravy, Herb Stuffing, Cranberry Relish, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Corn Sauté, Seasonal Vegetables, Mitchell’s House Salad, Sourdough Bread & Butter, Pumpkin Pie
They are also offering a Thanksgiving Prix-Menu menu on November 25 priced at $32 for adults and $15 for children.
New England Clam Chowder
Roasted Turkey Breast with Gravy, Cranberry Relish, Herb Stuffing, Seasonal Vegetables and your choice of Whipped or Mashed Sweet Potatoes
The Dixboro Project
The menu includes:
- Assorted meats and cheeses, marinated cerignola olives, giardiniera
- Lobster, crab and cream cheese dip with herbed garlic baguette
- 10 lb. Amish herb marinated turkey with gravy
- Binjte potato puree
- Parmesan and leek stuffing
- Honey & spice poached cranberries
- Ginger & molasses glazed carrots
- Smoked ham, green bean, onion gratin
Cracker Barrel has a number of holiday offerings including:
- Thanksgiving Heat and Serve Feast for 4 – 6 which includes One Turkey Breast, Dressing, Gravy, Cranberry Relish, Sweet Potato Casserole, 1 Side and Rolls.
- Thanksgiving Heat and Serve Feast for 8 – 10 people which includes Turkey Breasts, Dressing, Gravy, Cranberry Relish, Sweet Potato Casserole, 2 Sides, Rolls, and Pumpkin & Pecan Pies
- Turkey Breast Heat and Serve
- Cinnamon Roll Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pecan Streusel Pie
- Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Turkey Gravy Heat and Serve
- Cranberry Relish
- Yeast Rolls
- Green Beans
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Mashed Potatoes
Available for pickup 11/20-11/27, while supplies last. 24-hour notice required for orders. Use within 72 hours after pickup. Pre-order and receive a free $10 Bonus Card when you schedule pick-up on 11/22 or 11/23.
Thanksgiving Meal Delivery Online Services
You can build your own, ready to cook Thanksgiving dinner with Omaha Steaks. They ship nationwide or you can pickup at location closest to you.
Ready to Cook Thanksgiving for 4 ($129); for 6 ($149.99 – $179.99) or for 8 ($199.99).
Thanksgiving Mains include Whole Basted Turkey; Spiral Sliced Ham; Boneless Heart of Prime Rib Roast; Pecanwood Smoked Flank Ham; Fully Cooked Breast.
Some sides and sweets that they offer are family-sized smashed red potatoes; green bean casserole; family-sized whipped sweet potatoes; brussels sprouts with bacon & shallots; pumpkin pie; pecan pie; caramel apple tartlets and more.
- Fresh Free-Range Turkeys
- Pre-Roasted Turkeys
- Smoked Turkeys
- Stuffed Turkeys
- Assorted Brie Appetizers
- Prepared Turkey Gravy
- Mushroom and Herb Stuffing
- Potato Gratin with Thyme and Fontina Cheese
- Sweet Yam Casserole
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Cranberry Chutney
- Southern Baked Pumpkie Pie
Some items like the turkeys are shipped overnight from the supplier and is not eligible for rush shipping. For Thanksgiving Delivery, order by November 20, 2020, 11:59pm PT, for delivery on November 25.
Harry & David
Harry & David has a Thanksgiving Turkey Feast ($229) which can be shipped to you:
The menu incluldes:
- Ready-to-heat oven-roasted turkey (10 lb)
- Apple sausage stuffing (1 lb 14 oz)
- Creamy Brussels sprouts with bacon (1 lb 12 oz)
- Brown sugar sweet potatoes (1 lb 15 oz)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake [New York-style pumpkin layered cheesecake], 2 lb
- Classic turkey gravy (13.5 oz)
- Spiced cranberry chutney (1 lb)
- Net Weight: 19 lb 6 oz
The turkey is fully cooked and brined, creating a light pink color similar to smoked meats. Arrives frozen and will need to thaw two to three days before reheating and serving.
Harry & David also has many other items for your Thanksgiving meal including:
- Spiral-Sliced Ham
- Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
- Gourmet Ham Dinner
- Parmesan Creamed Spinach
- Deep-Dish Pumpkin Pie
- Zucchini and Corn Casserole and much more!
HelloFresh, the world’s leading meal kit company, is bringing back its annual Thanksgiving Feast specialty box which features all of the ingredients and step-by-step directions to cook two chef-curated entrée options – Traditional Turkey or Beef Tenderloin – plus an assortment of sides, a decadent dessert, and an optional appetizer starting at $16.99 per serving.
Traditional Turkey ($169.89 + $8.99 shipping): Serves 8-10 and features Roast Turkey with a Garlic-Herb Butter Rub and Classic Gravy. Sides include Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Garlic and Sour Cream, Ciabatta Stuffing with Chicken Sausage and Cranberries, Classic Gravy with Fresh Herbs, Roasted Delicata and Shallot with Walnuts, and Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Cinnamon. Dessert is an Apple Ginger Crisp with Cinnamon Pecan Crumble.
Beef Tenderloin ($134.95 + $8.99 shipping): Serves 4-6 and features a Peppercorn-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Sherry Thyme Jus. Sides include Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Garlic and Sour Cream, Ciabatta Stuffing with Chicken Sausage and Cranberries, Beef Gravy, and Roasted Delicata and Shallot with Walnuts. Dessert is an Apple Ginger Crisp with Cinnamon Pecan Crumble.
The Thanksgiving Feast is available for preorder now through November 18 or while supplies last, with delivery beginning on November 16.
Meal-kit delivery service Blue Apron is offering a Full Thanksgiving Dinner Menu that serves 6-8 and is available for delivery the weeks of 11/8, 11/15, or 11/22. Order by 11/17 and schedule your delivery for 11/22 or 11/23.
The kit includes:
- Savory Butter Roasted Turkey Breast
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Fried Rosemary & Pumpkin Seeds
- Apple Crumb Pie with Warming Spices & Almonds
- Garlic & Herb Gravy
- Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes with Romano & Chives
- Fresh Cranberry Sauce with Ginger & Spicy Maple Syrup
They also have a Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu including:
- Butternut Squash & Spinach Risotto with Fried Sage & Walnuts
- Four Cheese & Truffle Honey Flatbread with Mushrooms & Kale
DIY Thanksgiving in Detroit 2021 Meal Ideas
Holiday entertaining tips
Here are some tips on holiday entertaining including charcuterie board tips, how to cook the perfect turkey like a Chef, and virtual holiday party ideas.
Thanksgiving food list
Here is a Thanksgiving Food List to help you prepare or get inspired for your Thanksgiving celebration. You’ll find ideas for Mains, Stuffing, Vegetables, Salads, Desserts and more.
Check out these Thanksgiving quotes and messages to demonstrate your gratitude for your loved ones this holiday season.