Hey everyone! I’m back from my summer trip to Los Angeles and San Diego in partnership with Expedia.ca and I’m excited to share with you some travel planning tips and tricks. Have you heard of the Expedia Add-On Advantage program? It’s a way to book with ease, flexibility and savings. You can get discounted hotel rates when you add on to your existing trip and it’s exclusively for Expedia travelers. For this trip, I used the Expedia Add-on Advantage to score great savings on hotels. Read on to find out how I did it.
HOW EXPEDIA ADD-ON ADVANTAGE WORKS
- Begin by shopping for your flight, car or package on Expedia.ca.
- Hotel savings (of up to 50% on Expedia.ca) on select properties are instantly unlocked up until the start of your trip.
- The hotel stay needs to occur within the travel dates of the flight, car or package purchase.
- The hotel stay does not have to be in the same destination as the flight, car or package purchase – i.e. If a traveler books a return flight to London for three weeks, he or she can book a Paris hotel deal for that trip using the Expedia Add-On Advantage.
- When you’re ready to shop, look for hotels with the Add-On badge. The discount will already be reflected in the lower price. Simply book and save.
My experience with Expedia Add-on Advantage
After booking my flight from Vancouver to Los Angeles on Expedia.ca, I didn’t book my hotel accommodations right away. This was great because Expedia Add-On Advantage lets you take the time you need to research the perfect hotel at the perfect price. However, the hotel booking needs to be made before the start of the trip because that is when the unlocked hotel discounts expire.
Just a few days before the trip, I searched for hotels in Los Angeles and San Diego and the ones that were part of the Expedia Add-on Advantage were identified with the Add-on Badge (highlighted in yellow).
With the Add-on Advantage, I received a 6% discount on our stay at America’s Best Value Inn & Suites.
For Chula Vista Inn, the discount was already reflected in the lower price.
Some highlights of the trip including trying these vegan, 3D popsicles in Santa Monica.
Visiting Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, 90210 and doing some window shopping.
Visiting LEGOLAND and embarking on a real submarine at Deep Sea Adventure.
Strolling through Balboa Park in San Diego in the evening.
It was wonderful to have incurred savings on hotel stays through the Expedia.ca Add-on Advantage. To find out more, visit Expedia.ca.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.