On March 15, Vancouver Gourmet Tours is presenting the Yaletown Cocktail Crawl – a self-guided cocktail and food pairing experience in one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in Downtown Vancouver. Attendees have 2.5 hours to complete the crawl, and will receive one cocktail and a small appetizer at each crawl stop.
One of the participating restaurants for the Yaletown Cocktail Crawl is House Special. I had the opportunity to sample what they will be offering for the special event at a media preview this past weekend.
The House Special take on “Negroni” featuring Campari, gin, house-made bitters, and pho spices.
“Lavender Baby No.2”
Mezcal, lavender syrup, egg whites, citrus, and garnished with dry lavender.
“Matcha Ado About Nothing”
Matcha infused honey syrup, house-made lemongrass vodka, and amaretto.
An appetizer that went well with the cocktails was the Confit Duck Frybread featuring Five-spice duck confit, Asian slaw, hoisin and aioli.
Other perks of joining the Yaletown Cocktail Crawl include:
- Discount on food and drinks on the regular menus of the restaurants/bars at any of the stops.
- Free membership of Vancouver Gourmet Club and enjoy benefits and discounts for 12 months.
- Participate in “Cocktail of the Night” voting contest for a chance to win a ticket for the next crawl in Gastown.
- Enjoy discounts on food and drink at the participating cocktail crawl restaurants after the event (subject to availability)
- Further discount or gift on the next cocktail crawl
Tickets for the event are $35 (early bird) and $45 (regular). Find out more and purchase tickets: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/yaletown-cocktail-crawl-tickets-43292357607