Honolulu Coffee has just launched new summer, Hawaiian-inspired offerings including a lineup of iced tea, coffee, and four varieties of Acai bowls.
Disclosure: I attended a media tasting at Honolulu Coffee.
NEW SUMMER DRINKS
- Matcha Lychee Soda — amai matcha sweetened with housemade lychee syrup and topped with San Pellegrino, $7
- Lychee Oolong Iced Tea — iced oolong tea lightly sweetened with housemade lychee syrup and offering subtle notes of fragrant gardenia and honeydew melon, $6
- Honey Coconut Cold Brew — cold brew shaken with honey syrup and coconut milk, $6.80
ACAI BOWLS (served in compostable bowls)
- The Basic — topped with fresh bananas and housemade granola, $11
- The Classic — topped with fresh strawberries, blueberries, bananas, housemade granola and a sprinkle of coconut flakes, $14
- The Hawaiian — topped with fresh bananas, toasted macadamia nuts, almond butter, housemade granola and coconut flakes, $16
- Build Your Own Bowl — customizable toppings include fresh blueberries, strawberries, bananas, housemade granola, almond butter, macadamia nuts, coconut flakes or honey, starting at $8, with toppings $1.50 to $2 each.
My favourites were the Lychee Oolong Iced Tea and The Hawaii Acai Bowl (fully loaded).
These new items are available in-store or takeout at Honolulu Coffee’s Downtown (888 Nelson Street) and Kerrisdale (2098 W. 41st Avenue) locations.