World Vegetarian Day on October 1st commemorates the joy, compassion, and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism. WoodSpoon, the newest culinary innovation in NYC and service to getting a home-cooked meal at one’s doorstep, offers a variety of vegetarian/vegan dishes from passionate, home chefs. Here’s a Vegan Buffalo Mac and Cheese recipe from Home Chef Charles Davis at WoodSpoon.
Vegan Buffalo Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 1 box of cavatappi pasta (7g protein)
- 2 cups of oat milk (3g protein)
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (3g protein)
- soy nuggets breaded (13g protein)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlicpowder
- salt and pepper to taste
- buffalo sauce
- In large pot boil water and add salt, once water is boiling add pasta-stir occasionally and cook al dente, once done strain pasta
- In sauce pan over medium heat add oat milk, vegan cheddar, nutritional yeast and seasonings, cook until milk is boiling and vegan cheese is melted
- Deep fry soy nuggets or place in oven until crispy golden brown
- Add pasta and cheese sauce in large skillet low heat and stir together.
- Add your crispy nuggets into your pasta and add buffalo sauce to your liking serve and enjoy!