No. 1 Beef Noodle is one of the most popular places in Burnaby for delicious Taiwanese fare in a casual environment.
They have reopened for dine-in and have implemented a number of safety measures including lots of social distancing signage, temperature checks, staff wearing masks, hand sanitizers readily available, and QR code menus.
No. 1 Beef Noodle’s menu is very extensive featuring noodle soups, hot iron plates, wok specials, rice dishes, dim sum, hot pot, dumplings, deep fried dishes, bubble tea and more.
Their current reopen promotions include
- 15% for dine-in before 11:30 am
- 50% drinks with food purchase from 3 pm – 5 pm and 9 pm – closing
- 10% off all pick up orders
- free delivery on orders over $25 and within 5 km
I was invited for a media tasting where I enjoyed some old favourites as well as new menu items:
- Assorted Deep Fried Basket: Salt & Pepper Chicken, Chicken Wings, Hot Dogs, Squid
- Sakura Shrimp Fried Rice
- Hainanese Chicken with Rice
- House Special Noodle
- House Fried Slice Beef Noodle
- Deluxe Grand Pork Rice
- Scallop & Fish Chowder
- Shanghai Style Dumplings
- Matcha Ice Cream Smoothie
- Potted Milk Tea
- Mango Cheesecake
- Red Bean Tofu Pudding with Taro Balls
Assorted Deep Fried Basket: Salt & Pepper Chicken, Chicken Wings, Hot Dogs, Squid
Sakura Shrimp Fried Rice
Hainanese Chicken with Rice
House Special Noodle
House Fried Slice Beef Noodle
Deluxe Grand Pork Rice
Shanghai Style Dumplings
Matcha Ice Cream Smoothie
Potted Milk Tea
Red Bean Tofu Pudding with Taro Balls
All the dishes were very good but I especially liked the scallop and fish chowder; the sakura and shrimp fried rice; assorted deep fried items; potted milk tea; matcha ice cream smoothie; and red bean tofu pudding with taro balls.
The menu at No. 1 Beef noodle is so big that there is something for everyone.
No 1. Beef Noodle
4741 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC