You better brie-lieve it! The Cheese Advent Calendar 2020 is now available in Canada.
The original Cheese Advent Calendar from So Wrong It’s Nom is now in stores, and it’s GRATER and smaller than ever before.
The 2020 selection includes five NEW Ilchester cheeses: vintage, aged, PDO, Double Gloucester and Sage Derby.
The Cheese Advent Calendar also has reduced plastic packaging with 81% less plastic but no less cheese.
What’s in Cheese Advent Calendar 2020 Canada?
The Calendar contains 24 individually wrapped portions of delicious cheese, encased in a fully recyclable, fridge door-friendly cardboard calendar.
The entire box weighs 480 grams and each of the 24 pieces of cheese weigh 20 grams.
Here are the 9 cheese types in the Cheese Advent Calendar:
● Applewood – A real English treasure, Applewood is made in the West Country from British cheddar and has a delicate smoky flavour and a lovely smooth texture, all finished with a sprinkling of paprika.
● Applewood Vintage PDO Aged for 12 months – This delicious cheese is made from traditional hand-turned farmhouse Cheddar. It has a predominant smoky flavour with an exquisitely smooth, rich creaminess that melts in the mouth. Creamy yellow in colour, with a sprinkling of paprika.
● Ilchester Derby with Sage – Derby is one of England’s oldest and most famous cheeses. Finely chopped sage was added to this wonderful cheese as early as the 17th century, as it was thought to carry health benefits.
● Ilchester Mature Cheddar – Ilchester’s Cheddar is made in the West Country, close to where Cheddar originated in the Mendip Hills. Take a bite and let the creaminess melt into your mouth, with its earthy tangy notes.
● Ilchester Vintage PDO Cheddar – Carefully matured, this cheddar is made in the West Country near the Mendip Hills. With a drier texture to standard cheddar due to the maturing process, there are sometimes crunchy calcium crystals in it.
● Ilchester Double Gloucester – This is a hard cheese with a savoury, mellow flavour. You may know it as the famous cheese that is rolled down Coopers Hill annually in May for the UK’s most extreme cheese race!
● Ilchester Red Leicester – Smooth and nutty! Add a splash of colour to your cheese board with this traditional English cheese, based on a classic Cheddar recipe.
● Ilchester Aged Red Leicester – This traditional English cheese has been carefully matured for a minimum of 9 months giving it a distinguishable smooth, tangy and nutty taste.
● Mexicana – This cheese combines a fiery mix of bell, jalapeño and chilli peppers, carefully blended with a British Cheddar and a secret mix of Mexican spices.
The PDO (protected designation of origin) label is a type of geographical indication that means that a cheese was made in a specific region according to traditional methods.
How to Store
The Cheese Advent Calendar is to be kept refrigerated and is refrigerator door friendly.
Where is the Cheese Advent Calendar made?
The Cheese Advent Calendar is a product of the UK and imported into Canada.
Each of the 9 types of cheeses is 80 calories. The cheeses are suitable for lacto-ovo vegetarians.
A unique alternative to standard chocolate advent calendars, the Cheese Advent Calendar retails for $20 – $30.
Where to Buy
The Cheese Advent Calendar is available from big retailers like Sobeys, Safeway, Federated Co-op, Save on Foods, Longos, Denningers, Vincenzo’s and other smaller independents.
|A & D Pilot Butte||Blush Lane Organic Produce Ltd.|
|Arctic Ventures Store||50 Point Market|
|Baie Verte Consume Co-Op||Across The Pond British Imports|
|Balmertown Food Fair||Algoma Orchards Ltd|
|Bayview Clover Farm||Angelo's Italian Market Inc.|
|Beachside Market||Arbutus City Market|
|Beaverlodge Tgp||Bake Oven Importers|
|Beth's Variety||Balderson Village Cheese Store|
|Bigway||Beaudry & Cadrin|
|Bonanza Market||Bigway - Lakeview Fine Foods|
|Boundary Consumers||Blush Lane Organic Market|
|Breton Family Foods||Bridgeland Market|
|Brook Village Grocery||Bullock's Yig 2719 Deli|
|Calgary Co-Op||Cheese Secrets|
|Calgary Refrigerated Whs||Clarence And Cripps Inc|
|Canada Safeway||Colemans Market Deli|
|Canada's Groc Store||Colonial Coffee Co Ltd|
|Canso Co-Operative Ltd||Cooke's Old World Shop Ltd.|
|Carleton Cooperative Ltd||Dags & Willow Fine Chs & Grm Shp|
|Chalo Freshco||Dba Pete's Fine Foods - Sobeys|
|Charles Forest Co-Op Ltd||Delectable Fine Foods|
|Cheticamp Co-Op Ltd||Deluca Specialty Foods - Retail|
|Close's Macdonalds||Discovery Foods Willow Pt Island|
|Clover Farm Port Rowan||Dist Les Trois Continents(Chse)|
|Coaldale Food Market||Dry Aged Inc|
|Community Bigway Food||Eat Fresh Urban Markets|
|Co-Op Calgary (Coopc)||Edelweiss Imports Ltd|
|Cross Road Co-Op Ltd||Euro Delight|
|Dela Tour Co-Op Society||Fiesta Farms|
|Dena General Store||Focenco Limited|
|Denningers (Denn ) - R Denninger Ltd||Food Depot Int Inc (Wholesale)|
|Downtown Family Foods||Fromagerie De Baie|
|Durham Foodland||Garden Foods Limited-Bolton|
|Edgemont Market||Grace In The Kitchen|
|Edmonton Frzn Fds||Grande Cheese|
|Family Foods||Harvest Barn Of Niagara|
|Farm Boy (Farb )||Harvest Barn Of St. Catherines|
|Fed Co-Op||Hornby Coop C/O Coastal Trans|
|Federated Co-Op (Fedco)||Italian Centre Shop|
|First Town Foods||J & F Distributors Ltd (Retail)|
|Foodland||La Rose Bakery (Cheese)|
|Foodtown||Le Grand Fromage|
|Fortino's Stores||Loblaws City Market|
|Fresh Market Foods||Marche Toit Rouge|
|Freshco||Masstown Creamery Ltd Deli|
|Freson Bros||Max's Market (Cheese)|
|Friday Harbour Gen.Store||Mickey Mcguire's Cheese|
|Glenfell Memorial Co-Op||Moncion's Yig 847|
|Gold Bar Grocer||Old Country Mkt Alberni Deli|
|Goodness Me (Goodm) Natural Food Market||Ottawa Bagel Shop Inc|
|Heritage Co-Op||Pacific Fresh Food Market|
|[email protected]||Paddy's Market (Cheese)|
|Hopes Ift||Phil's Valu-Mart 0489 Direct|
|Ift||Produce Depot (Cheese)|
|Iga||Red Barn Market 0003|
|Indian Head Co-Op||Ruddy Potato Whole Food Market|
|Ituna Ag Foods||Schinkel's Meat Market (Cheese)|
|Jace Holdings||Simply British Foods|
|Kaeser's Store||Smith's Markets Inc-Algonquin|
|Kissarvik Co-Op Ltd||Springbank Cheese|
|Krista's Clover Farm||Starsky Inc|
|Lewisport Co-Op||Stirling Fruit Farms(2000) Ltd|
|Longos (Longo)||Stong's Grocery Deli|
|Lucky Supermkt Sunridge||Stong's Markets L.P. Deli 086384|
|Macdonalds Calg Repack Retail||Sunripe Deli (Cheese)|
|Macdonalds Cons||Sweets In Store|
|Margaree Co-Op Society||The British Grocer|
|Mayfair Bon Accord||The Cheese Shop|
|Mcmynn's Foods||The Dover Cheese Shop|
|Mf Family Foods||The Second Mouse|
|Midtown Market||The Village Pantry|
|Millet Fresh Market||Vincenzo's (Cheese)|
|Miramichi Co-Op||Werger Delicatessen|
|Mitchell Brothers||Wooden Shoe (The)|
|Morell Consumers Co-Op||Yig Brown's Direct Deli|
|New Horizon Coop||Yig Gagnon Direct Deli|
|Northern Foodservices||Yig Grant's 0476 Direct Deli|
|Old East Village|
|O'leary Farmers Co-Op|
|Port Hood Co-Op Ltd|
|Rainbow Lake Tgp|
|Red Earth Creek Tgp|
|Robinson's Gen Store|
|Sandstone Pharm Henday|
|Save On Foods (Overw)|
|Shean Co-Operative Ltd|
|Siksika Trail Market|
|Sobeys National (Sobna)|
|The Grocery People Whs|
|The Village Store|
|Trickle Creek General|
|Vancouver Grocery(Co Cold Logic)|
|Victoria Farmers Co-Op|
|Voilà By Sobeys|
|Warburg Villiage Market|
|Weaver & Devore|
|Whycocomagh Coop Limited|