Want to know what your cereal says about you? Maybe you’re a Lovey-Dovey Life Lover or a Nutty Know-It-All. How about a Dynamic Daredevil? National Cereal Day is on Tuesday, March 7 and Kellogg’s Canada is revealing what your cereal says about you with the release of its first-ever National Cereal Day Survey of Canadians. More than 1,500 Canadians were survey and the top five cereal personalities were determined.
KELLOGG’S TOP FIVE CEREAL PERSONALITIES
- The Lovey-Dovey Life Lover: Love fresh berries to top your cereal? 90% perceive you as passionate or romantic. Swapping out regular milk for chocolate milk? You may also be seen as happy and friendly.
- The Content Conformist: While only 8% of Canadians perceive someone who eats cereal with milk and fresh fruit as daring, the good news is that 72% see you as happy or outgoing.
- The Hot-Headed Hot Shot: Do you start your day by adding a dash of cinnamon or spice to your cereal? Uh-oh, more than 45% of say you are bossy, contradictory and go against the grain.
- The Dynamic Daredevil: Wish you were quirky or daring? Well, if you dress up your cereal with coconut shavings or cacao nibs and pair it with a milk alternative, 63% say you are just that!
- The Nutty Know-It-All: Top your cereal with nuts and nothing else? 33% perceive you as bossy, while 25% think of you as quirky.
A BOWLFUL OF MEANING
In addition to the top five cereal personalities, Canadians surveyed also linked specific cereal toppings and bases, such as milk, milk alternatives and yoghurt, to particular personality characteristics:
- 90% perceive those who combine different cereals in a single bowl as being free-spirited risk takers.
- Eat every last flake or grain of cereal in the bowl? 4 out of 5 respondents agree that you live life to the fullest.
- Nearly 40% view those who swap Greek yogurt for milk in their bowl as intelligent.
So, what does your cereal say about you? Do you fit one of these personality profiles? Or do you combine different ingredients and flavours to make it your own? Send me your comments below. This March 7th, proudly declare what your cereal says about you using the hashtag #NationalCerealDay.
Disclosure: This content is sponsored by Kellogg’s.