This holiday season might look a bit different compared to previous ones but there’s always reasons to eat, drink and be thankful. Here is a list of restaurants and businesses in Edmonton that have special Christmas Edmonton 2020 offerings this year.
Of course, any support to local businesses is appreciated in these times. Christmas celebrations can take on different forms from traditional, fusion to modern. Please use this list as an inspiration for ideas on how to put together your own Christmas celebration.
This list is updated as information becomes available. Please reach out to me [email protected] or @foodgressing on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok) for any suggestions.
- Christmas Turkey to Go
- Fairmont MacDonald
- *SOLD OUT*Highlands Golf Club
- Union Bank Inn
- Joey Restaurants
- Careit Urban Deli
- Westin Edmonton
- Sunterra Market
- Restaurant Yarrow
- Christmas Dine-in
- "Alternative" Christmas Eve or Day Meals
- DIY Ideas
- Festive Meals
- Festive Afternoon Tea
- Festive Things to Do in Edmonton
- Holiday Gift Ideas
- Make a Donation
Christmas Turkey to Go
Fairmont MacDonald is offering a Holiday Turkey or Prime Rib to Go available for pick-up or delivery between November 14 and January 3. Orders must to be placed 7 days in advance. Call (780) 429-6495. Full prepayment required at time of booking, no cancellation.
$500, plus tax. Serves 8 people
$140, plus tax. Serves 2 people
$70, plus tax, per extra serving
5 kg Roasted Whole Turkey • Butternut Squash Soup • Whipped Buttermilk Mash Potatoes • Maple Glazed Fall Vegetables • Stuffing • Cranberry Sauce • Gravy • Dessert • Homemade Bread Loaf • Fairmont MAC Scones • Festive Salad • Lot 35 Tea • One Bottle of Private Label Red and White Wine included only with $500 Full Size Meal Order
Prime Rib To-Go
$550, plus tax. Serves 8 people
$150, plus tax. Serves 2 people
$75, plus tax, per extra serving
3.5 kg Prime Rib • Whipped Buttermilk Mash Potatoes • Fall Vegetables, Maple Glaze • Horseradish Chimichurri • Yorkshire Pudding • Bone Marrow Jus • Dessert • Homemade Bread Loaf • Fairmont MAC Scones • Festive Salad • Lot 35 Tea • One Bottle of Private Label Red and White Wine included only with $550 Full Size Meal Order
*SOLD OUT*Highlands Golf Club
Highlands Golf Club is offering Christmas Turkey To Go ranging from individual portions to 4-5 people.
Additional add-ons are available including Christmas favorites such as perogies, cabbage rolls and roast beef. Receive 10% off any orders over $200 (before tax and gratuity).
Pick-ups are available on December 24th and December 25th. Order deadline is December 20th.
Union Bank Inn
- Herb Roasted Turkey Breast, Thigh & Leg
- Traditional Stuffing
- Turkey Gravy
- House Made Brandied Cranberry Sauce
They also have for one or two people, other Holiday Classics to enjoy at home.
- Turkey Duo $40.00: Turkey Breast & Thigh, Mashed Potato, Roasted Vegetables, Cranberry Sauce, Traditional Dressing, Turkey Gravy
- Three Course Dinner $60.00: Holiday Arugula Salad, Turkey Duo, Gingerbread Cake
- Oven roasted turkey with gravy
- Caramelized apple and sage stuffing
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- Butter glazed harvest carrots and yams
- Pan roasted Brussels sprouts
- Fall kale salad
- Dinner buns
- Cranberry sauce with orange zest
- Fresh baked apple cranberry pie with maple ice cream
Careit Urban Deli
Roasted turkey breast, slow braised turkey leg, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, traditional stuffing, turkey gravy, and cranberry sauce. Talk to us if to add-on any appetizers or desserts.
Choose either individual servings ($30) or family-style for four ($100). Gluten-free options are available.
Dinners must be booked by Wednesday, December 16th. Pick-up is December 23 & 24, please choose your local Careit at checkout.
Orders can be picked up on Dec 24th, 25th or 26th between 11:00 AM and 4:30 PM. Deadline to place your orders is Dec 20th 5 PM.
- Brined and Marinated Turkey
- Dried Fruit | Sage | Turkey Stuffing
- Turkey Pan Gravy
- Orange Cranberry Preserve
- Brussel Sprout | Rainbow Carrot | French Beans | Tokyo Turnip
- Confit Shallot | Yukon Mash Potato
- Chopped Romaine | Garlic Croutons | Bacon Lardons | Grana Padano |
- Caesar Dressing
- Maple Butternut Squash Soup | Allspice Chantilly
- Baked Rustic Breads
- For Dessert a choice of:
- Eggnog Cheesecake OR
- Baked Apple Pie | Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Crispy Crackled Herb Stuffed Porchetta | Chimichurri (8-10 Person)
- Spice Rubbed Slow Cooked Beef Brisket | Mango BBQ Sauce
- Potato & Cheese Perogies | Caramelized Onions| Green Onion |
- Bacon Bits & Sour Cream on the Side (8-10 Person)
- Tomato gin soup
- Roasted yam and cranberry salad
- Herb-rubbed turkey with buttermilk mashed potatoes, roasted winter vegetables, traditional stuffing, giblet gravy and cranberry sauceor Orange and brown sugar glazed Soleterra d'Italia Modena ham with buttermilk mashed potatoes, roasted winter vegetables, traditional stuffing and giblet gravy or Vegetable Wellington with mushroom cream sauce, buttermilk mashed potatoes and roasted winter vegetables
- Banana coconut cream pie
From December 22nd to January 4th, you can order a roast turkey dinner for 4 people for $59.99, or get the entire package with a whole pumpkin or pecan pie for $74.99. Offer valid for take-out only.
Option #1 - Traditional turkey dinner for 4 people featuring tender carved turkey breast, savoury stuffing, garlic red-skinned mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, cranberry sauce and your choice of broccoli or sweet petite corn. Pick up cold and reheat at home.
Option #2 - Traditional turkey dinner for 4 people featuring tender carved turkey breast, savoury stuffing, garlic red-skinned mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, cranberry sauce and your choice of broccoli or sweet petite corn. Pick up cold and reheat at home.
Please check out my post on Denny's Christmas Menu 2020.
- Four Whistle Farm Turkey (Feeds 4-6) at $200.00
- Four Whistle Farms Smoked Ham (Feeds 4-6) at $200.00
- Roasted Sunworks Farms Chicken (Feeds 1-2) at $75.00
- Yam and Marshmallow Casserole at $8.00
- Fried Brussels sprouts at $8.00
- Squash Au Gratin at $8.00
- Caramelized Carrot Soup at $8.00
- Our Pumpkin Pie (per ¼ pie) at $6.00
- Sweet Potato Mille Feuille (For one) at $8.00
- Egg Nog (500ml) at $10.00
- Xmas Morning Breakfast for 1-2 persons (a selection of goodies for the following morning) at $50.00
- '18 Claire Naudin Bourgogne Aligoté Mallon at $50.00
- '18 Domaine De La Gerreliére "Le Rouge Des Cornus" at $60.00
- Christmas Eve Dinner: 5 pm onwards, 6-course Table d’Hôte + live entertainment | $159 per person, not including tax and gratuity
- Christmas Day Dinner: 4:00 PM & 7:30 pm seating times, 7-course Table d’Hôte menu + live entertainment + gift from Santa | $199 per person, not including tax and gratuity
Union Bank Inn
"Alternative" Christmas Eve or Day Meals
The Butternut Tree
- The Butternut Tree Holiday Spread for 2 at $78.00
- Canadian Cheese for 2 at $35.00
- Canadian Cheese & Charcuterie for 2 at $45
- Foie Bombs at $7.00
- Warm Canapés for 2 at $15.00
- Baked Cheese at $23.00
- Acadian Sturgeon Caviar at $100.00
- Sourdough at $4.50
- House Made Crackers at $6.00
- House Made Seed Crisps at $7.75
- Dinner Meals for 2:
- Christmas Turkey Roulade at $120.00
- Alberta Beef Wellington at $110.00
- Butternut Squash Wellington (Vegetarian) at $90.00
- BC Black Cod En Papillote at $90.00
- Preserves Gift Packs:
- Wild Plant Duo at $18.00
- Savoury Condiment Trio at $24.00
- Jam & Jelly Trio at $29.00
- Trio of Pickles at $25.00
- Chef Downey's Granola Duo at $21.00
- Individual Jams & Jellies:
- Pickled Garlic Scapes (500ml) at $16.00
- Pickled Fiddlehead Ferns (250ml) at $12.00
- Pickled Sea Chickweed (250ml) at $8.00
- Pickled Asparagus Spears (500ml) at $10.00
- Pickled Cucumber (500ml) at $10.00
- Pickled Carrots (500ml) at $10.00
- Pickled Mixed Vegetables (500ml) - Cauliflower, Onions, Carrots at $10.00
- Pickled Garlic (250ml) at $8.50
- Pickled Eggs (500ml) at $7.00
- Pickled Beets (500ml) at $10.00
- Individual Preserves:
- Choose from a selection of jarred condiments
- Black Garlic BBQ Sauce (250ml) at $11.00
- Bacon-Onion Jam (125ml) at $9.50
- Pickled Mustard Seeds (125ml) at $7.50
- Trio of Sugar Cubes & Bottle of Sparkling Wine at $35.00
If you are looking for a different wine than their current selection, you can contact the restaurant directly at [email protected] and visit their full wine list on website for further options.
Holiday turkey purveyors in Edmonton:
The Keg Steakhouse
The Keg Steakhouse is offering Limited Edition Holiday Prime Rib Kit priced at $175 for four people. Complete with sides, seasonings, and enough good tidings for four people. Starting at $175 CAD for four people.
Union Bank Inn
Festive Afternoon Tea
Fairmont MacDonald is offering a Nutcracker Afternoon Tea priced at $59 per person. Weekend Tea seatings at 2:30pm from November 14, 2020 - January 3, 2021. Please note there is no Tea on December 24, 25, or 31. Take-out option available.
A Cappella Catering
Eagles Nest Catering
Highlands Golf Club
Highlands Golf Club is offering various holiday treats and baking are available for pre-order. Bottles of wine can also be added.
They also have a special catering package for your home or office needs. All items are individually packaged to ensure COVID-19 safety in whatever setting you have. 24-hour advance order is required. Menu details can be found here and orders can be emailed to [email protected].
Festive Things to Do in Edmonton
Check out my post on festive things to do in Edmonton for 2020.
Holiday Gift Ideas
Restaurant Gift Cards
If you're looking to buy some gift cards for loved ones or yourself this holiday season, you might want to take advantage of some restaurant gift card deals. Large chains (like Cactus Club, Earls, Boston Pizza) and other local restaurants are offering bonus gift cards with gift card purchases. See restaurant for details.
Rocky Mtn Chocolate
- "Flake" The Snowman ($45): handcrafted milk chocolate snowman filled with traditional Rocky Pop (light caramel popcorn, freshly roasted cashews, pecans, almonds and peanuts);
- Chocolate Christmas Trees
- Golden Night ($40): Dark chocolate tree with chocolate stars wrapped in glittering metallic foil;
- Holly ($40): Milk chocolate tree with decorative chocolate ornaments, surrounded by foil-wrapped chocolate presents;
- Holiday Chocolate Bombs ($5 each / $25 for five-piece box / $40 for 10-piece box): Eggnog Bomb, Gingerbread Bomb, Peppermint Naked Bomb, Festive Naked Bomb, Santa Bomb, Snowman Bomb, Snowflake Bomb
- Holiday Collection Master Peak ($30 for 11-piece box / $40 for 17-piece box): limited-edition boxes featuring a hand-selected assortment of confections, caramels, peanut butter cups and chocolate bombs. Available in-store and online.
- Chocolate Sucker ($6.50): rich milk chocolate sucker featuring Santa and Rudolph face'
- Single 4 oz. Novelty Chocolate ($10 to $15): individually wrapped solid chocolate Christmas Tree, Snowman or Santa packaged with foil-wrapped chocolate ornaments.
Rocky Mtn Chocolate's 2020 Holiday Collection will be available in stores across Canada up until December 24, or until supplies last, with select items available for online shopping and cross-country shipping.
Make a Donation
Food banks in Edmonton are in great need of donations especially during these difficult times. Please consider making a donation this holiday season or anytime during the year.
Below are some food banks in Edmonton which could use your help. Please also connect with food banks in your community.