Super Bowl LIV is happening Sunday, February 2 with the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs ready to battle for the Lombardi Trophy. Here are some party ideas as well as a few places in Vancouver where you can watch the most-watched live TV event in North America while enjoying some tailgate food.
2020 Super Bowl Sunday Party Ideas
According to M&M Food Market, B.C.’s favourite Super Bowl snack continues to be chicken wings, and last year Canadians purchased over 2.3 million chicken wings leading up to Super Bowl weekend. That’s 98 tonnes – or 14 elephants!
While chicken wings remain the top-selling snack for game day, Canadians have started playing the field and trying out some new favourites.
Here are the top (draft) picks from last year:
- Ribs were a touchdown. Canadians consumed more than 40,000 racks of ribs leading up to game day, which is 53% more than the previous year!
- Canadians started ‘packing’ it in. Canadians ate over 2.9 million hors d’oeuvres from the company’s party packs.
- Flatbread stole the (half-time) show. Canadians bought almost 19,000 flatbreads – whichis 37% more than the previous Super Bowl Sunday.
Other snacks that made it to the endzone in 2019:
- Over 400,000 cheese sticks
- 109,300 pounds of meatballs
- 8,524 pounds of chili
- Almost 4,000 pounds of pulled pork
Check out M&M Food Market for other entertaining ideas.
Restaurants Hosting Super Bowl Viewing Parties
Juke Fried Chicken Scores Dine-In, Pick-Up and Delivery Touchdowns on Super Bowl Weekend
Juke Fried Chicken is offering a special ‘Pick-Six Package’ on February 1 & 2 that includes a mini football and such crowd-favourite, southern-fried fare as:
- 10 pieces of Juke’s classic
- Gluten-free Fried Chicken
- Six Jalapeño Cheddar Waffles (can be substituted for gluten-free waffles)
- 10 Hot Wings
- One Large Fries
- Two orders of East Asian Peanut Slaw and one large Gravy.
Offered for $95 plus tax, the Pick-Six Package feeds six and is available for pick up at the restaurant or delivery via DoorDash (orders accepted beginning January 28), with new DoorDash customer using the code #JUKEGAMEDAY receiving $10 off their delivery order.
On Super bowl Sunday starting at 11 am, fans can watch the big game on Juke’s four TV screens with live audio broadcast throughout the restaurant and enjoy brunch service and food and drink specials throughout the day.
Juke Fried Chicken
182 Keefer St, Vancouver, BC
Bells and Whistles Hosts Second Annual ’Tailgate Extravaganza’ on Super Bowl Sunday
Bells and Whistles is hosting its second annual ’Tailgate Extravaganza’ for Super Bowl LIV on Sunday, February 2.
Bells and Whistles will also offer brunch service beginning at 10 a.m. and all-day food and drink features including its signature ‘Pigskin Poutine’ it is offering as part of La Poutine Week.
Bells and Whistles
3296 Fraser St, Vancouver, BC