On October 4th, Canadians are invited to celebrate Canadian Beer Day, a day dedicated to Canadian Beer and the people who brew, sell, deliver, serve, pour, or simply enjoy it.
This year’s theme, Passion & Pride: The People Behind Canadian Beer shines a spotlight on the individuals essential to bringing our nation’s favourite adult beverage from “grains-to-glass”.
It’s an occasion to thank everyone across our value-chain, from the family farm to the maltsters, brewers, warehousers, truck drivers, retailers, bartenders, and servers.
Some facts about Canadian Beer:
- The brewing industry is an intensively local industry: last year, 88% of all beer purchased and consumed in Canada was made here.
- The brewing industry has a positive economic on communities large and small across our country contributing more than $13.6B to Canada’s GDP annually.
- Canadian beer supports 149,000 jobs in Canada. From restaurants & hospitality to tourism, agriculture & transportation, the beer sector plays a crucial role in our economy and the livelihoods of Canadians.
- There are currently 1,310 breweries operating in Canada, providing highly skilled and well-paid employment for the more than 21,000 Canadians directly employed by brewing companies.
- Across Canada, breweries are vital community hubs that help bring neighbours together.
- Canadian Beer Day pays tribute to an iconic Canadian beverage one that is deeply rooted in our nation’s culture and heritage.
Sharing a beer with friends is one of life’s affordable pleasures for many adults.
Whether it’s gathering around a backyard BBQ, at a local pub, festival or entertainment event, a beer with friends reminds us of the power of connection.
Visit www.canadianbeer.ca for more information.