Enjoy these succulent and spicy air fryer lobster tails at home in just 20 minutes. This recipe is super easy to make where the lobster meat is brushed with a luscious, chili garlic butter. Bon Appetit!
This post is sponsored by Lobster PEI.
About Lobster PEI
Lobster PEI – “The Lobster Fishers of PEI Marketing Board” – is made up of a group of lobster fishers working together to promote and market PEI lobster.
For more than 150 years, PEI lobster fishers have been sourcing the most delicious red-shelled crustaceans to share with customers around the world.
About 1,200 Island lobster fishers work out of PEI’s 45 ports; many fishers are carrying on a tradition that goes back generations.
PEI’s lobster fishers are very active in protecting the health of the fishery and spend time reviewing research, attending meetings, and discussing the future of the sector.
The lobster fishery is truly at the heart of rural PEI, where life ebbs and flows with the lobster season.
Did you know?
Lobster is not only delicious, but — bonus — it’s good for you!
Prince Edward Island lobster is:
- Low in fat and carbohydrates
- High in protein
- High in vitamin B12
Plus lobster is an excellent source of copper, selenium, and heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids, and also contains zinc,
phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin E.
A serving of lobster provides 3 percent of a person’s daily vitamin A needs, 9 percent of daily calcium, and 3 percent of daily iron.
Spicy Air Fryer Lobster Tails Recipe
- 1 saucepan
- 1 Airfryer
- 1 Kitchen shears
- 2 lobster tails
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Thaw out frozen Lobster PEI tails.
- Using kitchen shears, cut all the way to, not through the bottom of the lobster shell. Cut in a straight line along the middle of the shell. Do not cut through the end of the tail.
- Flip the tail over to the see-through side and crack the ribs using your thumbs down the center. This is to help open the shell.
- If you see the vein, remove and discard.
- Separate the meat from two sides of the shell.
- Lift meat up and out from inside the shell.
- Press the two sides of the shell together and place the meat over the seam where the two shells meet.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper and Mexican chili powder.
- Stir and cook for about a minute.
- Transfer the mixture into a small bowl.
- Brush mixture over lobster tails.
- Place the tails in the air fryer basket and air fry at 380 F for 5 – 7 minutes.
- At the 3-minute time point, you can brush more of the mixture onto the tails while in the air fryer.
- Cook until lobster meat is white and no longer translucent in the middle.
- Serve with parsley and lemon wedges.
- Enjoy the Spicy Air Fryer Lobster Tails!