- This event has passed.
IHOP’s National Pancake Day – February 27, 2018
February 27 @ 7:00 am - 7:00 pm PST
In celebration of National Pancake Day on February 27, participating IHOP® Restaurants will once again offer guests one free short stack of their famous Original Buttermilk Pancakes, in the hopes that they will pay it forward with a voluntary donation to the Children’s Miracle Network member hospital in their community.
Each year, the 170 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals throughout North America provide the finest medical care, life-saving research and preventative education to help millions of kids overcome diseases and injuries of every kind. This year marks the fifth year that IHOP Restaurants has extended the successful fundraiser to Canada. To date, IHOP has raised $30 million for local children’s charities across the U.S. and Canada. This year, IHOP hopes to raise $5 million more, but we need your help to succeed.
Miss International Canada 2017, Marta Magdalena Stepien, will be joining IHOP and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals as Canadian Ambassador for National Pancake Day.
National Pancake Day Fun Facts:
- More than 5 million Pancakes with a Purpose are expected to be served at IHOP on National Pancake Day (including Canada, the U.S. and Mexico).
- IHOP first started National Pancake Day in 2006 as their signature day of giving and since then has raised $30 million for their charity partners.
- Today IHOP has more than 1,750 restaurants around the world
- Pancake Day is a tradition that dates back several centuries to when the English prepared for fasting during Lent. Strict rules prohibited the eating of all dairy products during Lent, so pancakes were made to use up the supply of eggs, milk, butter and other dairy products… hence the name Pancake Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday.
- TUESDAY February 27, 2018, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- (Some restaurants in Niagara Falls close earlier)
- Participating IHOP restaurants throughout Canada. To find a local IHOP restaurant, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com.