- This event has passed.
Healthy Chef Competition
March 21 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm PDT
On Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 10 restaurants and culinary schools are taking on the challenge to create entrées and desserts where fresh produce is a key component for the 500 anticipated guests at Healthy Chef Competition produced by the BC Produce Marketing Association (BCPMA) and the BC Chefs’ Association (BCCA). As for guests, they only know what they are eating when they open the secret envelope and view their food destination.
Over the years this has become a highly anticipated food event in Vancouver. The secret dinner envelopes, a chance to rub shoulders and take selfies with Freggie (the official mascot of the fruit and veggie industry), celebrities and sport guests, bidding at the live and silent auction items, enjoying music and presentations and mingling with other entertainers and taking home some great swag rounds out the evening.
Four trophies will be awarded including the Healthy Half Your Plate Entrée Award (which includes a $1,000 cash prize), Best Dessert, Best Table Showcase (selected by attending food and event bloggers) and the People’s Choice Award.
WHY THIS EVENT
- Encourages established restaurants and up and coming culinary students to actively use fresh fruits and vegetables as the star performers on the plate
- Connects the food service to grocery retail in a unique fashion – so often what happens on a chef’s plate translates to what shoppers go seeking in their fresh produce department.
- The more exposure and usage of fresh produce by the culinary world, the more opportunity we have to reach out to consumers with new ideas.
- To challenge the talent of local rising and established chefs in Vancouver by having them get involved in a fun healthy event.
- The event raises funds via the silent and live auctions. Monies are raised for the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and the Canadian Cancer Society.
- The BCPMA contributes $7,000.00 to the BCCA Junior Scholarship foundation.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 21, 2018. 6:30 PM start
WHERE: Hyatt Regency, 655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 2R7
TICKETS: This event, which brings together retailers, wholesalers and foodservice groups is open to everyone with an interest in food, especially fresh produce. Tickets: 604-785-0765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets $90.00 Includes dinner & dessert, the evening’s festivities and a swag box of goodies.