The BC Seafood Festival welcomes guest chefs from BC and beyond to celebrate the bounty of BC Seafood. The 2019 BC Seafood Festival promotes reaching for BC seafood as part of a healthy diet.
This year’s program and festival will make it easier for consumers to learn about, source, buy and consume BC seafood as a sustainable source of protein from BC’s nutrient rich waters for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
BC Seafood Festival 2019 Event Highlights
- The Signature Weekend – brought back by popular demand! Three-days featuring new events and celebrations including celebrity chef demonstrations, award-winning shellfish and seafood tasting, interactive and educational displays all with the famous seafood competitions including The Fanny Bay Oyster Shucking Competition and The Ocean Wise Chowder Challenge.
- Shucked! The largest oyster bar happy hour in Canada
- Baked n’ Boiled Kitchen Party! where East coast meets West coast in a slurptastic seafood boil
- Bounty! a brunch seafood cookout
- Ceviche! Ceviche! Ceviche! a masterclass for ceviche seafood creations
- Kids Interactive Zone – Designed to show children how eating seafood is good for you! Children will learn how seafood is sourced and cooked, along with numerous Touch Tanks, Interactive Displays, Seafood Cooking Classes and a visit by the Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan.
Festival’s local and celebrity chefs include:
- Nathan Fong, Executive Chef Producer of the BC Seafood Festival and Fong on Food, Vancouver, BC
- Duncan Ly, Chef; Jinhee Lee, Chef, Top Chef Finalist; Hyungae Lim, Chef de Cusine, Foreign Concepts, Calgary, AB;
- Hamid Salimian, Culinary Team Canada Chef and Chef NextJen Gluten-Free, Vancouver, BC;
- William Lew, Notch 8 , Chef de Cuisine Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Vancouver, BC;
- Shelome Bouvette, Owner and Executive Chef, Chicha Restaurant, Vancouver,BCKumiko Umeno, Owner and Mixologist, Chicha, Vancouver, BC;
- Chris Andraza, Executive Chef, Fanny Bay Oyster Bar and Restaurant, Vancouver, BC;
- Ricardo Valverde, Executive Chef, Ancora, West Vancouver, BC;
- Quang Dang, Executive Chef, Top Table Group, Vancouver, BC;
- Jean Francis Quaglia, Chef and Founder, Provence Marinaside, Vancouver, BC;
- Weibert Choi, Executive Chef, Forage, Vancouver,BC;
- Eva Chin, Sous Chef, Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar, Vancouver, BC
- Aaron Rail, Chef and Owner, The White Whale Restaurant, Comox, BC;
- Morgan Wilson, Executive Chef, The Fairmount Empress Hotel, Victoria, BC;
- Isabel Chung, Chef, Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, Whistler, BC;
- Derik Bendig, Executive Sous Chef, Chateau Fairmont Whistler, Whistler, BC;
- Melissa Craig, Executive Chef and André St Jacques, Founder, Bearfoot Bistro, Whistler, BC;
- Lisa Ahier, Chef, Sobo, Tofino, BC;
- Sabrine Dhaliwal, Mixologist, Pourhouse, Vancouver, BC;
- Amber Bruce, Bartender and Mixologist, The Keefer Bar, Vancouver, BC;
- Judges include: Pino Posteraro, Owner and Chef, Cioppinos, Vancouver; Mijune Pak, Iron Chef and Top Chef Canada and Follow Me Foodie; Alex Chen, Executive Chef, Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar, Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Media Kickoff
The Vancouver media kickoff took place recently where 200 guests gathered in anticipation to kick off the 13th Annual BC Seafood Festival this June. Special guests, producers, industry leaders, participating chefs and media gathered aboard The Pacific Yacht in Coal Harbour to celebrate BC seafood! Here are a few photos from the event.
For more information, visit bcseafoodfestival.com