Attention wine lovers, mark your calendars! The 39th Vancouver International Wine Festival returns for an eight-day celebration of wine and food February 11 to 19 at the Vancouver Convention Centre and other venues around Metro Vancouver. The 2017 festival features an impressive 180 wineries from 16 countries participating in 54 events pouring a projected 1,700 wines at 54 events to a projected 25,000 admissions. From educational wine seminars, tastings and parties to lunches, winery dinners and the spectacular Bacchanalia Gala Dinner + Auction, VanWineFest offers something to please every palate.
In celebration of our nation’s 150th birthday, the festival features Canada as the theme country with 76 wineries from British Columbia, Ontario and Nova Scotia, the largest gathering of Canadian wineries ever at an international event.
Ticket Sales Dates
- Tickets for all public events go on sale Tuesday, January 10 at 9:30 a.m.
- Tickets for Trade Days Conference, presented by Sysco, go on sale Tuesday, January 17 at 9:30 a.m.
- Tickets are currently on sale for the four International Festival Tastings, Bacchanalia Gala Dinner + Auction, the Delta Air Lines Tasting Lounge, as well as the Gold Pass and Trade Days Pass.
How to Buy Tickets
- Online: VanWineFest.ca
- Phone: 604-873-3311, toll free 1-877-321-3121 (Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- In person: 202-162 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver (Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m.)
*Note the new address – the festival moved offices to the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village.
Free Ticket with Hotel Booking
For a fourth consecutive year, the Vancouver Hotel Destination Association offers a free International Festival Tasting ticket (a $79 to $95 value) to festivalgoers who book a stay via beVancouver.com by February 2 at 35 participating downtown hotels. Quantities are limited and Saturday evening sold out well in advance in 2016, so book early. The beVancouver.com initiative is an important cornerstone of the festival’s Don’t Wine and Drive program.
For full festival details, browse events online, click through the interactive Festival at a Glance PDF, or download the promotional brochure. Join the social media conversation on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #VIWF.